SKILLED NOMINATED PROVISIONAL MIGRATION
Guidelines for Australian Skilled Nominated Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
Australian Skilled Nominated Provisional Visa (Subclass 489) is a category that bestow to the people from an eligible sponsor on the behalf of skill level or proficiency. This visa allows the visa holder to work and live in Australia in specific region or low populated areas. An “Expression of interest” is necessary to submit for this category of visa which the applicants can submit as living in Australia or as living outside from Australia. If the sponsorship is eligible and the applicants meet with the requirements completely then applicants will get an invitation to Apply (ITA). Otherwise, their applications will not be entertained or rejected.
Application Eligibility Criteria:
Following are the basics requirements to be eligible:
- Applicants must show a proof/ letter of invitation from sponsor.
- Applicants must not be older than 50 years.
- Applicants must show the required skill level and qualification level for the selected skill required.
- Applicant must be competent of speaking English
- Applicant must attain score at least 60 points on the point test
- Applicants must have a good health as well as good character.
Visa Sponsorship by an Australian State or Territory
The successful visa application is based on a combination of skills, work experience and appointment by a State / Territory government.
Once granted the provisional visa, the visa owner must retain that visa for at least two years to become eligible for applying permanent regional visa.
The following States/Territories take part in the Skilled - Nominated (Provisional) visa sponsorship:
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Australian Skilled Nominated Provisional Visa
The process leads through the following steps:
Step1 The eligibility of the candidates checks through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection at the first stage. This department approve that the candidates are eligible or not.
Step2 Once DIBP approved the candidates then candidates are asked to submit their “Expression of Interest” in the relevant field.
Step3 At the last step the candidates get an invitation to Apply (ITA) on the behalf of the approval of their “Expression of Interest”. After this candidates get visa.
This visa category allows the following entitlements to the visa holder:
- Once you get visa you can live and work in the designated areas in Australia.
- You can also start their studies in the designated areas in Australia.
- You can travel inside or outside Australia freely on the behalf of this visa.
- Can apply for permanent residency after meeting certain conditions via skilled regional (Residence) visa subclass 887