SKILLED NOMINATED MIGRATIONS
Guidelines for Australian Skilled- Nominated Visa (subclass 190)
This Australian Skilled Nominated visa allows the person to get the chance to work in Australia. Applicants who applied for this category of visa after getting visa can live and work permanently in Australia. The family member who are eligible are also allowed to travel through this visa. The basic thing that the applicants must show is the “expressions of Interest (EOI)” that the applicants can show either living in Australia or outside from Australia. Following are the steps to make yourself eligible to apply for this category:
Application Eligibility Criteria:
For getting the eligibility applicants must show:
- A genuine invitation from the any source.
- Age limit which is younger than 50 years.
- The matching skill level and qualification which is required for the selected position.
- Skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority
- Proficiency in English Language which is required
- A score list with at least 60 points/scores on the point test
Australian Skilled Nominated Visa Process
This Skilled Nominated visa is a three step application process which is followed as under:
Step1 At the first step the applicants’ skill assessed by the Government. In this phenomenon the department of immigration and border protection (DIBP) checks whether the applicant is eligible to get visa or not.
Step2 In the second step, the checked and the passed candidates are asked to submit their “Expressions of Interest”. The applicants can submit it either living in Australia or outside from Australia.
Step3 At the last stage, after approving the “Expressions of Interest” applicants get the letter of invitation and on the behalf of this letter the DIBP approve the visa for the selected candidates.
Australian State or Territory Sponsor
Applicants are selected by States/Territories in Australia to meet the skills shortages in those States/Territories and the applicant is required to live in its nominated State/Territory for the first two years of new life in Australia
If the candidate was successful in applying under this category, then the following obligations have to be fulfilled:
- Live in the nominated State/Territory for at least two years
- Keep immigration authorities knowledgeable of changes to your address
- Take participate in surveys as required.
- Each participating State/Territory maintains a list of occupations in demand as part of their State Migration Plan whereby nomination may be a possibility.
After receiving the visa of this category the applicants have the following rights:
- Applicants are allowed to live and work in Australia without any hesitation.
- Applicants after getting this visa are also allowed to do study in Australia.
- Applicants can be enrolled in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Applicants are also allowed to get access to certain social security payments.