SKILLED INDEPENDENT MIGRATION
Guidelines for Australian Skilled- Independent Visa (subclass 189)
This Australian independent visa is for those skilled workers who are not sponsored by a state or territory, employer or any family member. A person holding this visa can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
This visa application also accepts family members who are eligible for this visa process. This is a permanent visa and this visa holder can stay in Australia with full work rights.
In order to apply for this visa an applicant first need to submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect and this can be done by either living in Australia or outside it.
Application Eligibility Criteria:
For applying Applicant should be
- Invited through any organization to apply
- Be younger than 50 years
- Be nominate an occupation for which he matches according to the skill level and qualification
- Have the competitive Proficiency in Speaking English Language
- Possess the score list with at least 60 points on the point test
Australian Skilled Visa Process
This independent visa is a three step application process which is followed as under:
Step1 At first stage the skills should be get assessed from the relevant government body. It will enable the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to evaluate whether the applicant has required level of skill in the chosen occupation to work in Australia.
Step2 After getting positive skills assessment, an Expression of Interest needs to be submitted through Skill Select. This can be done either in Australia or outside it.
Step3 Once after receiving Invitation to Apply (ITA) the applicant should continue at the DIBP stage of application where a complete application has to be submitted to get approval from DIBP for visa granting.
This category visa provides the following rights to the visa holder:
- Visa holder can live and work permanently in Australia
- Visa holder can study in Australia
- Visa holder can be enrolled in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Visa holder should have access to certain social security payments
- Visa holder will be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship (subject to residency criteria)
- Visa holder can also sponsor family members for permanent residence.